How to achieve natural hair transplant results
Today, when done right, hair transplant surgery can produce results that are so natural that even hair stylists cannot detect them. But the key is finding the right hair restoration physician.
It’s tough deciding who to choose. They all claim to provide natural and safe results. But in reality their skill, experience and talent vary widely, as do the end results.
Where to find and learn about outstanding hair restoration surgeons
It’s easy to find physicians offering hair transplants in any phone book or online directory. But to find the minority who provide truly natural and outstanding hair transplant results we recommend the following online resources:
- Hair Loss Learning Center – This multimedia site provides extensive and in-depth information about hair loss causes and cures. It is sponsored by the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. This elite group of surgeons is committed to excellent patient education and results.
- Hair Transplant Network – This long time community provides recommendations for over 50 of the world’s leading hair transplant surgeons. This site also hosts the world’s largest gallery of patient before and after photos.
Tips for choosing a hair transplant surgeon - sponsored by:
- Does the physician take a holistic approach to hair restoration? Your physician should help you evaluate all your options, surgical and non surgical.
- Has the clinic made the investment in time and resources to do large sessions of micro follicular unit hair transplantation? Doing outstanding work requires a staff dedicated and trained to use high-powered magnification with the capability of producing at least 2,000 carefully trimmed grafts per surgical session.
- Choose a hair restoration clinic that is patient focused rather than commercially focused. Some clinics emphasize revenue, speed and volume rather than dedicating the time and individual care needed to produce optimal results.
- Is hair restoration the primary focus of their practice? Outstanding results require a physician and a full staff who perform hair restoration surgery on a regular basis. Doing hair restoration as a sideline, along with other cosmetic procedures, may hinder their ability to do large sessions of highly refined follicular unit transplantation.
- How many patients has this physician produced excellent results for? Like any skill, experience over time is critical to acquiring the skill and judgment required to produce excellent results.
- Can the physician provide at least a dozen sets of detailed patient before and after photographs? Do they also have patients who are willing to speak with you and meet with you in person?
- What is the physician’s reputation on hair loss related discussion forums? To learn what patients are saying about hair transplant physicians and hair loss treatments visit the Hair Restoration Forum.
A popular and respected hair transplantation community dedicated to helping people share ideas and experiences about hair loss treatments and hair restoration physicians. This site includes hundreds of patient photos, a recommended "surgeon finder" and a popular hair loss discussion forum.
Hair Transplant Network